Monday, February 23, 2009

Countdown Continues







So the waiting is driving me nuts.......Just a few more days till I see Chris. Till we see him. The girls are just as excited as me. Every night Mic begs to take all the rings off so " Daddy can come home now" (To those of you who do not know, we made rings of construction paper one for everyday Chris would be gone.) Every night at bedtime Mic would take one off and we would say " One less day till Daddy comes home!" They were placed all around the walls of her room and now we are done to a few. Yay!!!!!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Cute! We did sort of the same thing but only the week before he came home because I don't think she would have understood otherwise. I used rings made out of paper she painted and watercolored, so it kept us busy for a day or two getting everything ready.

I am so excited for you guys!

Growingtogether said...

I heard of another idea we will use next time and in that one you make a ring each day of him being gone and you write something from that day on it like " Missing you today" or " Had a great day" really anything you feel that day. When he comes home he can read them and they decorate the house- dual purpose. Everyone can make one daily. I am planning on using all yellow paper next time- Think it will be pretty and have the living room all the away around the downstairs in the chain.