Time of separation is coming to a close. Yay!!
Chris' dad came in yesterday and we have been busy decorating the house in preparation for Chris' return. Dad has been such a trooper helping me get all the last minute things done. I have a little to do list that he has been working on. So today started like normal ( as normal as it gets with homecoming this close) and changed quickly with the simple act of a phone call. The moved Chris' homecoming date up to tomorrow ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. What?? did you say ? Not sure I caught that? Tomorrow? Yep. So frantic all day to finish the things I still had a few days to accomplish, just to get home tonight and get another phone call recanting. So we are back on to a few days. Oh the emotional ups and downs of the military life. I broke rule number one today - big time. The first thing you learn as a brand new wife to a military man.. say it with me girls....
Rule #1-Don't believe it ti'll you see it!
Yep - broke it. I was dancing around- nervous as all get out- felt kinda sick even. Sooooo excited. The fall was great :( So yes it is a hard lesson learned ( I hope it is learned- probably not-) the hope of seeing Chris early clouded my harden resolve to follow the rules. Sad but true, happens to the best of us.
So anyways one thing I wanted to share with you is Chris homecoming flag.
We put this up today!! Yay! The end is really near.
2 comments:
yEAH!!! He's coming home soon!
You are so funny. I am SO glad you started blogging!!!! I am with you on Rule #1! What an emotional roller coaster today, eh? Although, on the bright side, it might have caused you to get a lot of extra stuff done sooner, so on the day of, you can relax and spend a lot of time getting ready and getting all hubba hubba'd up!
Be sure and tell Chris Welcome Home for me! give the girls our love.
Yes - it has given me a chance to get allot of last minute things done. For that I am greatful. Still the emotinal roller coaster was no fun. All in all I will be glad when Chris is home. -
I am glad to be doing this too. I have to say it has given me a release I didn't know I needed but can feel a positive difference.
Post a Comment